Hello, Sam
Hello, Miss Ilsa
I never expected to see you again
It's been a long time
Yes, ma'am
A lot of water under the bridge
Hello, Miss Ilsa
I never expected to see you again
It's been a long time
Yes, ma'am
A lot of water under the bridge
ILSA: Hola, Sam.
SAM: (Fingiendo sorpresa) ¿Hola, señorita Ilsa? No esperaba volver a verla.
ILSA: Ha pasado mucho tiempo.
SAM: Sí, señora. Un montón de agua ha pasado bajo el puente. (IA)
Some of the old songs, Sam
Yes, ma'am
Where is Rick?
I don't know
I ain't seen him all night
When will he be back?
Not tonight no more
He ain't coming
He went home
Does he always leave so early?
He never
Well, he's got a girl up to the Blue Parrot
Goes up there all the time
You used to be a much better liar, Sam
Leave him alone, Miss Ilsa. You're bad luck to him.
Well, he's got a girl up to the Blue Parrot
Goes up there all the time
You used to be a much better liar, Sam
Leave him alone, Miss Ilsa. You're bad luck to him.
Play it once, Sam...
Some of the old songs, Sam.
Yes, ma'am
Where is Rick?
Where is Rick?
...
Play it once, Sam. For old times' sake
I don't know what you mean, Miss Ilsa
Play it, Sam. Play "As Time Goes By."
Oh, I can't remember it, Miss Ilsa
ILSA: Toca alguna de las viejas canciones, Sam. Por los viejos tiempos.
SAM: (Inquieto) No me acuerdo muy bien de ninguna, señorita Ilsa.
ILSA: Toca As Time Goes By (El tiempo pasará), Sam.
SAM: (Tratando de evitarlo) Esa no me la sé, señorita Ilsa. La he olvidado.
(IA, la traducción no es al cien por cien)
I'm a little rusty on it
I'll hum it for you
Da-dy-da-dy-da-dum
Da-dy-da-dee-da-dum.
SIng it, Sam
ILSA: Te la tararearé. (Ilsa tararea un par de notas y Sam empieza a tocar el piano de mala gana). Ahora cántala, Sam.
You must remember this
A kiss is just a kiss
A sigh is just a sigh
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by
And when two lovers woo
They still say, "I love you"
On that you can rely
No matter what the future brings
As time goes by
A kiss is just a kiss
A sigh is just a sigh
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by
And when two lovers woo
They still say, "I love you"
On that you can rely
No matter what the future brings
As time goes by
SAM: (Cantando) You must remember this, a kiss is still a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh...
Sam, I thought I told you never to play ...
[Instrumental]
[Instrumental]
Sam, I thought I told you never to play ...
Not this song!
Y, así, tres mil años antes, en el mundo micénico, en la Ítaca asediada por los Pretendientes y, más allá de sus costas, por una más o menos lejana amenaza de los Pueblos del Mar, Penélope-Hathaway, en un cameo de cine de NolanHomero el demiurgo, repite airada, como Rick aquí, y no al pianista Sam, sino al rapsoda casi de rap del film, le dice enfurecida y dolorida
NOT THIS SONG!
Pero el Demurgo ha cambiado ligeramente la escena. Ahora no es Rick el dolorido y sufriente por el abandono inexplicable de Ilsa, sino la mismísma Penélope de Homero, esposa del polymetis Odiseo, la que, trasponiendo los siglos y la literatura, adopta el papel del aparentemente descreído Sam-Bogart.
Not this song, rapsoda!
No cuentes ese relato, Sam!
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario